Previously known as Ennistymon House,
the Georgian portion was built on
the ruins of an O'Brien castle in
1764, with a west wing added in
the 1800's to house the shooting
and fishing guests of the then 'Lord
of the manor'. The estate covered
some 18,000 acres and much of the
town: it now consists of around
50 acres of woodland.
The Hotel is located near to the centre of the market town of Ennistymon.
Many of the shops still retain their
traditional fronts and form a character
of their own.
The Hotel Accommodation comprises
of; 130 spacious ensuite bedrooms.
Each room has:- Tea / Coffee facilties, Television, DD Phone, Hairdryer
4 self catering apartments.
The Dylan Thomas Bar (named after
the Welsh poet, whose wife, Cáitlín
McNamara once lived in this Manor
House) and Conservatory have panoramic
views of the Cascades on the River
Inagh and Carvery Lunch is available
daily along with imaginative and
tempting snacks throughout the day.
Entertainment is also featured nightly
during the summer months.
The Cascades Restaurant, at the rivers edge, is open nightly and offers
traditional as well as international
dishes prepared from local produce
with an emphasis on Seafood from
the West Clare Atlantic coastline,
served and enjoyed in gracious surroundings.